Revit for Mac | Courses | Download | Help
- August 14, 2023
- Posted by: admin
Is Revit accessible for macOS? Installing Inventor and Revit on macOS
Although Inventor and Revit do not currently have a version designed specifically for Macintosh systems, you can still set up Revit and Inventor on a Mac through virtualized environments like Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion.
Can Revit be used on a Mac M1?
Indeed, the latest generation of MacBook computers can execute Windows and resource-intensive software such as AutoCAD or Revit using virtualization tools like Parallels or VMware Fusion. Alternatively, you can utilize Boot Camp, a method that permits the installation of Windows on a separate partition of your Mac’s hard drive.
Which Mac is optimal for Revit?
Highlighted below are some exemplary laptops suitable for Revit that meet these specifications:
2.0 Apple 2023 Macbook Pro M2.
2.1 Acer Nitro 5.
2.2 ASUS 2022 TUF Dash.
2.3 Alienware m15 R7 Gaming Laptop.
2.4 Dell Precision 5550-5570.
2.5 Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 Business Laptop.
2.6 HP ZBook Studio G5.
2.7 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro.
Which operating system is most compatible with Revit?
System Requirements and Recommendations for Autodesk Revit 2022 Product Line Revit® 2022 Value:
Optimal balance between cost and performance Operating System ¹ 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Windows 11. Refer to Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle for details on support.
What is the cost of Revit?
Revit Pricing Overview Edition Price Revit Subscription (Monthly) £210 per month Revit Subscription (Yearly) £1,660 Only £139/Month (value) AEC Collection (1 Year) Includes Revit £2,040 Only £170/Month (Best Value) Revit Subscription (3 Years) £4,495 Only £125/Month (value)
How long does it take to learn Revit?
Generally, most users concur that with prior experience in architectural software and dedicated effort, it takes about three months to confidently navigate Revit. However, mastery of any skill necessitates years of commitment and taking risks.
Click here for Revit Courses
Is AutoCAD easier than Revit?
AutoCAD vs Revit | Choosing the Right Software for You (2023) AutoCAD: Rapid learning within a shorter timeframe
AutoCAD enables the creation of both 2D and 3D CAD drawings, albeit its capabilities are somewhat limited. 2D drawings involve manipulating lines and shapes (unlike Revit, where 3D shapes and components are created directly).
Covered Products and Versions
Concern: Guidance on employing Revit on an Apple Macintosh system. Resolution: Inherent Compatibility Revit is not inherently designed for Macintosh systems. A comprehensive discussion on this subject is available on the following Revit Idea thread. If you wish to advocate for a native Macintosh version of Revit, you can show your support by endorsing this idea: Revit for Mac
Several alternatives exist that can enable you to use Revit when operating with a Macintosh system. Bootcamp facilitates the booting of your system into a Windows operating environment, enabling you to fully leverage the hardware capabilities. Note: Bootcamp is unavailable for M series processors.
Virtual Machine (VM) By utilizing virtualization software (such as Parallels or VMWare), you can establish a virtualized hardware environment where Windows and Revit can be installed.
Challenges and Constraints: Virtualization introduces additional overhead, consequently, performance on a virtual machine (VM) may be inferior compared to direct hardware execution. Revit necessitates an x86/x64 environment; therefore, virtual machines emulating ARM-based hardware would not suffice. M series processors utilize ARM-based hardware, necessitating VMs to support x86/x64 Windows in order to accommodate Revit installation and operation. Refer to the subsequent policy document for insights on Support for virtual installations.
Remote Access If you have access to another Windows system (e.g., via Remote Desktop, Citrix, etc.), you can employ remote access software to connect with Revit on the remote system, all the while working through your Macintosh device.
Installing Windows 10 on Mac
To set up Windows on your Mac, utilize Boot Camp Assistant, a built-in application.
- Review Your Secure Boot Setting Check your Secure Boot setting by following the instructions provided. By default, Secure Boot is set to Full Security. If you had changed it to No Security, revert to Full Security before initiating the Windows installation process. After Windows is installed, you can modify the Secure Boot setting without affecting your ability to boot into Windows.
- Create a Windows Partition using Boot Camp Assistant Launch Boot Camp Assistant located within the Utilities folder in your Applications directory. Follow the prompts displayed on your screen.
In case you’re prompted to insert a USB drive, connect your USB flash drive to your Mac. Boot Camp Assistant will employ it to craft a bootable USB drive for Windows installation. While configuring the size of the Windows partition as prompted by Boot Camp Assistant, make sure to adhere to the minimum storage space requirements mentioned earlier. Choose a partition size that aligns with your needs, as resizing it later is not possible.
- Format the Windows (BOOTCAMP) Partition Upon Boot Camp Assistant’s completion, your Mac will restart and initiate the Windows installer. When prompted by the installer regarding the installation location, opt for the BOOTCAMP partition and proceed to Format. In most instances, the installer will automatically select and format the BOOTCAMP partition.
- Proceed with Windows Installation Disconnect any unnecessary external devices before commencing the installation. Click Next and adhere to the on-screen guidelines to initiate the Windows installation.
- Utilize the Boot Camp Installer within Windows Upon completing the Windows installation, your Mac will boot into Windows and a “Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” window will appear. Follow the instructions provided on-screen to install Boot Camp and the requisite Windows support software (drivers). A restart will be required upon completion.
Should the Boot Camp installer fail to open automatically, you can launch it manually and finalize the Boot Camp installation.
For Macs with an external display connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port, the display might go blank (displaying black, grey, or blue) for a duration of up to 2 minutes during the installation process.
For more useful information please check the links below.
Revit Training Courses